Key decisions in UT : What is open what is close
After perusal of Government of India’s order, the suggestions received from various stakeholders including local leaders, MPs, Ex-MPs, RWAs, Industry, Trade Associations and the practices followed by neighboring states, the opinion of medical experts, public health officials and all senior officials, the Governor Punjab-cum-Administrator, UT took the following decisions :-
Show Time /Chandigarh
Key decisions in UT
1. Lockdown period will be extended by two weeks i.e. up to May 17
2. Curfew in the city will be lifted on midnight of May 3 2020
3. Containment zone in the city will be restricted to the pockets identified and notified by Administration
4. Sector Markets will remain open from 07.00 AM to 07.00 PM.
5. Vehicles will be allowed to be used between 07.00 AM to 07.00 PM without passes, as per protocol
6. Odd-Even formula will be applied in respect of both opening of shops and use of vehicles. Ex: On Monday beginning May 4, only shops ending even number such as 2, 4, 6 etc. and similarly vehicles carrying registration no. whose last digit is 2, 4, 6 etc will be allowed.
7. Essential shops like groceries, vegetables, medicines etc. can remain open on all days.
8.The restaurant/eating places will remain closed.
9. Delivery of cooked food by online agencies will not be allowed
10. Apni Mandis will remain closed.
11. Distribution of fruits and vegetables by Government buses will continue.
12. Big shopping malls and complexes such as in Sector-17 Market or those on sector dividing roads will remain closed.
13. Sampark Centres will remain open.
14. All government offices will be functional as per the norms allowed by Government of India